Drinking again 😞

Posted , 5 users are following.

I don't know what I'm doing, don't know where I am, wish I could change things but I'm not sure that I can 

So I'll just reach for that familiar bottle, drown my sorrows and then..in the morning when I wake, probably do it all over again 

Cos I see no other way, seems it's the only thing to work, to take away the sadness and the hurt 

I just want to know will it ever be different and if so then when? 

But until I get that answer I'll just get drunk again 

It's not the right thing to do, don't get me wrong, I know 

But I'll try anything to make this feeling go! 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You should try to seek medical assistance, you may be alcoholic and you can get so much help from a doctor that will know your situation.

Just remember that people here on this website will always be here for you xx

• Posted

Thank you but I'm not an alcoholic, I don't drink everyday and when I do it's just at night times but at the same time I do know that I shouldn't xx
  • Posted

Well Dondons 3, sadness and hurt can be controlled in many ways.  And you know yourself that alcohol is not helping, you articulate this with clarity in your words above.  Talking about your problem is the most critical thing in my experience.  You have done that here today.  I also see  sincere words.  That feeling you want to just go away, please think about what thought  is creating the feeling.  That is what causes us to cover our pain and reach...Pain is like anything in this world and deserves to be acknowledged.  I acknowledge your pain Dondons 3.  If you want that little rat pain out of your life, you cant feed it alcohol.  My love and hope go with you.

• Posted

I have my ways of trying to help it, writing being the main one and yes I know it doesn't help in the long run, sometimes makes me feel worse but sometimes it does actually help (at the time) 

Know I shouldn't do it though xx

• Posted

G,Day Dondons3 do you have any friends you can have a chat to im sure they will try and help you out as i feel like it at time,s But just have a few bottles and stop .

Ring you local help line im sure there is some one there willing to have a good chat with you and keep your chin up Ok ?

• Posted

I had one friend That I could talk to but have recently lost that friendship xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.