DRIVING AFTER LTKR

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All

I'm 7 weeks post op and started driving 2 days ago....left leg the tkr so using the clutch on that leg. I had pain that afternoon and quite a lot of pain during the last two nights...more so then normal. Pain meds are Tramecet Co but don't seem to conquer the pain much at night. The pain I'm experiencing is on the outside of my lower leg just under the crease if the knee joint...then on the left on the thigh...and a burning right next to the patella on the right side (inner). Has anyone also experienced this? Should I give driving a break for another couple of weeks? I haven't driven since. Any comments welcome😊

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Get an xray. Could be an effusion. Got one from pool ladder entry at 4 mths post op. You cannot hurry this healing. Rest and ask yr GP if you can take anti- inflammatories. My effusion is now close to completely healed. Lots of good luck to you! Go slowly!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Driving puts a lot of strain on the clutch knee. You might consider an automatic if you have the means. Talk to your physio about it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Maybe u may have over used the knee i understand im 4 weeks pist op tomirtow and im losin it i tried to go out for about a half hour and i was in horrible pain afterwards its hard to figure out what you can do and not im frustrated . But ill kerp the faith my rom is 110 and i stsrt pt outside the home next week hood luck with your recovery
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You are probably correct there Angie. The burning sensation just will not let up no matter what I do! When I'm standing or walking its ok...the minute I lie down it hits me. Pain meds are bouncing off. My GP prescribed amitryptaline for sleeping...does help but the pain wakes me. I've been doing well until driving.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up