Driving my self CRAZY! Abdominal cramps for weeks!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi 

This is my first time posting here, however, I’ve regularly followed this forum. 

For the past 3 weeks I’ve experienced really weird abdominal cramps like I need to go to the toilet all the time. My stool started off really runny but now it’s been normal for around a week. Been to the GP 3 times, a&e once as it was so bad one day and I am so worried it’s something more. 

The doctors keep putting it off to get tests booked for me. They keep saying it’s ‘probably’ IBS or reaction to food etc. I get that. However, as someone who suffers from anxiety and as someone who travels every day world wide due to the nature of my job, i am panicking. I do not want something to develop when I am in a foreign country. 

Anyway, strange thing is, the past week and a half, the stomach aches and cramps seems to lessen when I am standing up. They increase a lot if i am laying down or sitting down. 

My appetite is in place, can’t seem to see any blood/mucus in poo. Just can’t function whilst I am struggling, feeling like I will poop my self at any given moment even though if I go to the toilet, there’s nothing. 

Can anyone relate? Any ideas? I know it sounds petty but it’s one of those things that truly get in the way of your life day to day. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Make an appointment to see the Doctor.

Demand your problem be investigated

😀 Its possible your eating something thats causing you problems

Or youve got something called Abdominal migraine

• Posted

Could be IBS with food intolerance.  See your doctor for tests to rule lut other things and to get a firm diagnosis.  If your doctor is not concerned, neither should you be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.