Drowning in my own Sweat :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am 51 and have had issues with my female system forever, I have Polycystic Ovary Sydrome, I am Insulin Immune plus I have Chronic Pancreatitis, High BP, Depresion, I have a disability that limits my mobility greatly as well as these sweats. I knew sweats were a symptom but omg this is beyond belief, they arent night sweats, they come all the time, if I leave the house (which isnt often) I take a kitchen roll with me to mop up whatever I can, it starts on my head, runs down my brow and face, my neck and then the rest of body breaks out and whatever I am wearing just sticks to me. 

At home I have a fan on all the time, a night a fan on all the time, I have even had the portable air conditioner on at home too to help but its rare anything does. I bath daily, several times infact, I am paranoid of smelling bad, my hair sticks to me and drips also.

Can anyone suggest any help with this please, I know nothing about any hormones etc and I think if I go to the doctors again with yet another condition they may lock me up as a lost cause.

Any help/advice appreciated ty

Jo

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi JoJo I have suffered all my life with depression. You try to stay calm and believe me it will get better in time. Anyway hun I hope you have a lovely Christmas. Try not to worry hun it will get better in time😕xxx
  • Posted

jo jo please try starflower oil it has reduced my hot flushes and i feel some what better in myself i to suffer with low moods it takes a few weeks to work it may help you  take care 

karen x

• Posted

Run as fast as you can and get hormone replacement.  RUN!!!  to your doctors and ask for it immediately.  You must stop suffering!! You don't have too.
    • Posted

Seriously, can HRT  help that much?  I wonder why they havent offered or said that to me, my GP just kept pushing for me to take antidepressants, I was really reluctant but eventually gave in, it has not the slightest difference to anything, my low moods nor my sweating although he calmed it would help both!

I am low because of my bad health, as tell him often, fix my health and I wont be depressed anymore.

If you are that sure these HRT meds will help I shall ask for them, I know so little about them thank you

• Posted

Try them and if the don't work then just go off them.  It's a long process it won't happen overnight.  My OBGYN give each knew HRT 12 weeks to see if it's working.  I want to increase my estrogen as I have headaches.  Hey you have to try it.  Get a good doctor who knows about women's issues, I have a woman and she specializes in menopause.  Run to get help. Be proactive.  I hate when I read how much women are suffering and come onto this blog in desperate help.  Go see your doctor regularly through this time.  Get your hormones levels checked, you deserve to be well.
    • Posted

Ty for your support, I will keep you posted smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.