Dry eye from wearing contacts maybe?

Posted , 3 users are following.

In my right eye it feels like something is in my eye when I wear my contacts and it is extremely dry and itchy more towards the duck in my eye. My eye is red. I changed out my contacts to see if that was it and it still felt like that. Then this morning when I woke up everything was darker out my right eye. Some mornings I do have a discharge coming out my eyes aka eye boogers. Can anybody help me.? Could it be the wrong lenses?? I've been only wearing this brand for 6 months

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Suggest you go to your doctor as it could be conjunctivitis.  This normally easily fixed but you may have to leave out your contacts for a bit.  Hope you get it cleared up soon.
  • Posted

It could be Blepharitis. I have this eye condition & have the same exact sensation when I put in my contacts & have a lot of discharge around my eyes & eyelids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.