Dry Socket worries

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm concerned about dry socket because tomorrow is a public holiday so no dentists will be open.

I had one upper wisdom tooth out on Thursday so this is day four there hasn't been too much pain since the extraction, I still have mild bottom jaw pain and no pain in the tooth area. I'm worried I started eating solid foods too soon I have been feeling the space with my tongue and I'm not sure if the blood clot is there and it's too far back in my mouth to see. I'm just worried I'm going to be in pain when I can't d anything

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't worry too much Marie. You very obviously don't have dry socket at the moment or you'd know about it, and you probably won't get it now.

I'd say try to avoid feeling the socket, as there's a small risk you could push out the clot. I think you can risk eating now, but maybe chew on the other side.

Not sure where you are in the world (can't identify that June 12 public holiday) but I imagine that you'd have access to a hospital with an A&E dept (or ER or whatever you call it where you are). If you were in severe pain on a public holiday, I think you could go to a hospital to be prescribed antibiotics.

• Posted

I will keep that in mind, I'm worried I already have dislodged it, I may just be paranoid, but there isn't a deep hole so it may have healed enough hopefully! I'm already on antibiotics that might have helped thanks so much

The 12th is the Queens birthday where I'm from

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.