dry tongue/mouth and massage!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Knowing I would regret it as soon as I started it, I ate a spag bol last night. Cue the regurgitation, breathing problems, bubbles in back of throat, coughing etc etc.

Went to bed as it all got too much, but this morning I had (what felt like) a dry mouth and tongue (also a 'funny' taste, can't describe what it was!) Wasn't cleared with water so I googled it and read a really interesting article about it. It said to massage your shoulders and neck - something to do with blood flow to the nerves?

Anyway, did that for 10 minutes and it's completely gone! Hope it wasn't' coincidence and hopes it helps you out as well!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I will Definitely give that a go!
  • Posted

I massage my shoulders and neck every single day because I get dizziness and muscle tension from TMJ and it doesn't help my reflux at all. I'm glad you had success.
  • Posted

Hi just to let you know if you didn't stay off tomato and sauces 

• Posted

Thanks Eon.  I did make the mistake of having another tomato based pasta dish, and the effects were just the same :-(

​Won' t be making that mistake again in a hurry though!

• Posted

Hi there - I have been chatting with Suseq as I have recently joiners the forum and she has very kindly responded to some of my questions 

im now beginning to look thro the discussions for anymore helpful info 

I'm now fascinated to read about the spag Bol - it's really weird but that happened to me this very Wednesday evening I had spag Bol and Thursday morning dry mouth, bubbles etc - that's so weird I didn't associate it with that at all.

i have had borderline barrats for about eight years treated with one ranatadine at night and alls been well until recently and all these other symptoms erupted, I had an endescope showing my barrats had reduced - However just a couple of days after the procedure I had a real upsetting experience and bingo all this burning mouth and silent reflux has began-- doh!!

• Posted

Wow!!! Suzeq- I had a spag Bol Wednesday evening and Thursday is when all the dry mouth gurgling and that's what really caused my upset and speaking to my pharmacist as I previously told you 

SO it was spag Bol that caused the upset to get even worse - wow!! That's a real surprise - I won't be doing that again for sure !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.