Hi ladies what do you use to ease the dryness down below

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Where do I begin,

how about a large cucumber dipped in strawberry jelly

or maybe a banana coated in mahuka honey lol

• Posted

I started using in the beginning astroglide lubricant then when menopause hit I went to my GYN and was prescibed Estrace cream it helped alot with dryness, itching and sexual intercourse.
  • Posted

Sorry for being silly girls, redface

as I have no man in my life this is not a real problem for me

Mrs M

• Posted

I gave that up Hun as couldn't put up with the side effects
  • Posted

As a general lubricant 'yes' water based is good for comfort, oil based for 'activities'. For soreness I find alphaderm best and I've tried lots of different things.
  • Posted

Most important of all is Vagifem - an oestradiol pessary, and oestriol cream to smear on outside.  This softens, repairs, strengthens by rebuilding collagen.

Also useful is coconut oil (anti fungal, anti biotic etc) after bathing, and bio oil when really dry.

• Posted

i use balance activ menopause moisture pessaries. Expensive but very good x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.