Dryness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi wonderful ppl i have just encountered dry throat an nose when breathing which is cause my anxiety cause it hurts my stomach.

My tongue is heavy as well an no matter wat i try even sraying calm am having horrilble thoughts .

Any advice thanks?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy,  How about a nasal spray? Or eucalyptus oil under the nose. I have a small diffuser next to my bed too. I get this as I have sinus issues, but my nose is not runny...its dry.  Not sure about the heavy tongue.  I also have lovely peri anxiety and sometimes my legs feel heavyish...but it’s just my mind working overtime.
  • Posted

When all my worse symptoms hit the first thing that popped up was a sore throat for a month. I went to an ENT who scoped my throat and found that it was just red and said maybe I had silent reflux. I don't know, I think it's just another symptoms of perimeno. I'm currently having a dry sore throat for the past two weeks, and clearly can't breathe because I wake up with an open dry mouth at night. 

If it is silent reflux, try cutting out culprits like caffeine, chocolate, spicy, acidy foods, alcohol. Look up food that are good for silent reflux. Like oatmeal with banana for breakfast. Some people have complete relief by following a special sr diet. 

I don't think you should stress about it, it will just make things worse. When it first hit me I started googling and had myself convinced I had throat cancer, lung cancer, etc. Of course I didn't have any of those things. But the googling just sent me down an anxiety rabbit hole and it just kept getting worse from there.

• Posted

Wendy. I can so relate to this as thos happens to me especially when i am in bed at night...the main thing is that you must try not to panic...if a new symtom its scary. Make sure you are hydrated as so important during this time. Breath deep breaths and tell yourself it will pass and it does and i onow it does...oh the joys...mind yourself. CK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.