Dull pain behind lower left ribs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Over the last three days I’ve had persistent dull pain behind the lower left rib cage . It’s more noticeable when I stretch in any way.

Could this be a problem with the diaphragm? Or something else?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you been coughing a lot, and or lifted something, say out of the back of a car, at full stretch, and you have pulled a muscle.

Reminds me of overeaching myself a few months ago into the back of the car, was sore for a couple of weeks, all just to get that bag out, too lazy to walk around the car and get it from the other side.

• Posted

Definately sounds like a damaged muscle somewhere, stretching makes it worse. 

If it was heart, it would feel more like an elephant sitting on your chest, movement does not make heart pain worse from my understanding.

Is it worse when you are lying down, if so could be pericarditis, inflamation or fluild in the sack your heart sits in, been there done that, I could not lie down, felt fine sitting up, if breathless. 

Tablets and injections at the hospital settled things down, no reason found, decided it must have been a virus.

• Posted

Can you get it checked out by a Dr, especially if it is getting worse, and especially if you get breathless.
    • Posted

I have over the years had my life saved by Dr's, necessary evil is the way i see them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.