Duodenum Polyp,Gastritis, and Esophagitis. Cancer?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve been having a lot of stomach and bowel discomfort for several years now. Pain after eating near the bottom of my right rib, extreme gas 24/7, internal and external grade III hemorrhoids (I’ve had 3 surgeries to remove thrombosed hemorrhoids), bleeding ulcer near the GE junction of my esophagus 3 years ago that I was admitted to the ER for, excessive bleeding when passing stools (I assume are related to the hemorrhoids and possibly fissions), occasional nausea after eating, fatigue, just an over all “yucky” feeling that I can’t really explain, and I could go on. I had a colonoscopy and a esophagogastroduodenoscopy done today. The colonoscopy came back okay other than the multiple external and internal hemorrhoids that were found. The upper scope found gastritis, esophagitis, and a polyp in the 2nd portion of my duodenum. Biopsies were taken of all three. I feel like my doctor is doing a good job getting to the bottom of whatever is going on. I was just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with these types of symptoms all combined together, whether it was you or a patient of yours that had them, and what it turned out to be. I’m just worried that I may have cancer in a different part of my body that could be causing this: like my liver. I smoked and drank EXCESSIVELY from the time I was 15 to 25, when I quit both. I’m 28 now, and just hoping I didn’t cause irreversible damage in my wilder days. Thanks for any help or opinions!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The poly was actually removed and sent for a biopsy
  • Posted

Hi Caleb.  It seems we all fell "bullet proof" at times.  Your doctor can run blood tests and do a ct scan to make sure your liver and pancreas (you might as well check that one out, too) are doing okay.  Explain your concerns and ask him to do it.  

Let me know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.