Ear trouble is it anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi does anybody else have trouble with their ears I've had mild pain but they always seem full and plugged some times ringing mainly the right one also some mornings wake up with leaky ear had my ears checked weeks ago they said they were full of wax and use was drop which I did for a while . Just wondereing id it's anxiety making it worse as have had health anxiety about everything it's driving me nutz please help 😭

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety may well be playing a factor, but as your ears are leaking and you have been told that you have a wax build up, this is likely the main cause.

See how your drops go and return to your GP of its no better. If your ears continue to leak then I would also recommend returning.

It sounds like you may have fluid trapped behind the wax smile

But...anxiety will make everything worse.

• Posted

Thanks sillymop I've got this terrible health anxiety so everything that happens sends me through the roof I've phone doc I've got appointment for tues fingers crossed 😊I get terrible headaches jaw pains body aches etc I never used to be bothered by things now I can't stop myself 😕😕

• Posted

I understand! I am the same... Never worried about my health and then I felt a certain way with a virus and I have been in panick mode over my health ever since.

It's great that you're seeing your GP smile I would recommend going through everything that concerns you, perhaps even write it down just in case you feel nervous and forget. It can help you to be more concise and you will come away feeling confident that you covered all your fears.

The Jaw pain and headaches are likely to be stress related. When I am on edge I notice that I clench my jaw a lot. Sometimes this makes it ache along with my muscles and I think this and stress can give you headaches.

Also, ear issues can cause headaches also so it could be a double edged sword for you.

I felt the sides of my head once as I clenched and unclenched my jaw and felt where my muscles were. These were where I experience aches and odd sensations. It may be the same for you...it made me feel a little more at ease.

The trouble is that health anxiety puts us on high alert. Suddenly you notice and feel every sensation in your body...I believe it can become a habit.

When you visit your GP it may be with your while to also mention your anxiety and ask for information on counselling.

For me this has made a huge difference.

• Posted

Yeah I've recently started taking citrolpam and been in for about 4 weeks I understand it takes a while to kick in plus I'm on waiting list for cbt so hopefully won't be long

Wait x

• Posted

It nmay be due to an ear infection which is very painful and causes general aches and pains, headaches, jaw clenching and stiffness. Best too see your GP and ask him to examine your ear to see what the siutaion is. aNxiety is common when ill with anything. When the ear problem is sorted then th anxiety should diminish.
  • Posted

It will be driving you nutz due to the pain . I would go back to the dr and ask for an examination of your ear as you may need antibiotics if thre is an infecttion. Anxiety is common in any illness as being ill can causeus to feel vulnerable and powerless and can get in the way. If overly anxious the dr can recommend various strategies such as CBT, Mindfullness.

Good luck .i

• Posted

Hi Sally got docs appointment for Tuesday and I'm not so much in pain just uncomfortable and as constantly anxious my whole body hurts x

• Posted

I would still go and let the dr examine your ear. Prevention being better than cure. The infection can cause general aches in the muscles. Not nice byt if yu drink lenty of fluids that will help to flush these toxins out of your body quicker.

Sorry for the lecture. Medical people in my family!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.