Earache

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi does anyone else get earache sore throat and tingling of tongue and lips. Going out of my head with worry 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I get blocked ears at times that often crackle and pop. I also get sore throats plus stinging mouth. I get a sore of blocked throat too depending on what I eat that makes me keep swallowing a lot. It’s horrid! Sure it’s reflux though.
    • Posted

No not at all. Sadly there are a large number of symptoms that people suffer from with reflux. Good news is that there are also lots of ideas on here to help ease symptoms. It’s a question of finding out what works for you x
  • Posted

Yes Shelley I get the burning tounge and lips, but not ear problem! This is were I'm confused, because that's a sign of acid reflux, but again just litterly iv just done the baking soda powder test and passed, but it Burt my mouth and tounge and lips in the prosses, but I'm sticking to low acid theory, and definitely not taking PPI's. 

• Posted

Hi Frederick. I’ve a small hiatus hernia but not been officially diagnosed with reflux just given a leaflet on it after my endoscopy. I’m on ppi to protect my tummy from the other tablets I’m on. I’m sick of not getting any answers. What’s the baking soda test? Thank you for your reply 
    • Posted

Hi Shelley, get a small glass of water, and mix a heaped teaspoon off Bicarbonate of Soda, swallow it down, and wait see the reaction? If you burp, belch in 3 minutes or less, you've got enough acid! If after 3 minutes? Low stomach acid, I don't burp at all!  But get acid reflux symptoms. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.