Early menopause feeling rubbish

Posted , 10 users are following.

good evening ladies i am 41 years old and started to go through the menopause at 39 i was on hrt patches but decided to come off them a year ago recently i have been feeling really lathargic takes me about 20 minutes to get out of bed in the morning and all day i have really low energy. is there anybody else going through the menopause at a young age would love to know im not on my own

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kerry

I went into it aged 29 years and I'm still going through it now. I'm now 43. I was put on hrt 2 years ago due to concerns about my bone health, however I have poor tolerance to progesterone (it makes me low in mood, weepy, very depressed etc) so it was decided it would be best for me to come off hrt which I did about 2 months ago. I am sure I would have been in full blown menopause by now if I hadn't have taken hrt as my oestrogen count was less than 8 so sadly hrt has only prolonged the living hell for longer. Now I'm off hrt the sweats and everything has started in a rage again.

14 years of misery. Memory loss, chronic fatigue, are just a few of the horrendous symptoms. I'm actually going to see a gynaecologist in a couple of weeks in the hope they can suggest something else as it's also causing anxiety, panic attacks and depression now. I used to be an intelligent professional woman with a good memory recall and now I feel I have completely lost myself.

• Posted

Please keep in touch about how you get on, I am 58 still struggerling, message me when you have been, as I may ask to go thank you

• Posted

Hi Kerry! I am 41 too. started this mess July of 2017...right after coming off 20 years of BCP use. I was getting hot flashes at 38...but was on the pill, so nothing too troublesome. But, my idiotic EX doctor (all of 30 years old herself) insisted I come off at 40. Then, when I became symptomatic, told me it was not hormone related, blah, blah...too young...blah, blah, blah!

I can go anywhere from 21-26-57 days on period. My hormones are all over. Tested out post meno 4x one month...had very bad fatigue in the beginning, gerd, heart palps, aches , pains, you name it. Migraines, vertigo biggest issue for me.

Went on med for migraine management last month. Saw a great obgyn and Just started back on bcp. A few days in and I feel very positive about my choice.

took my kids to the pediatrician today and struck up a conversation about menopause...she lost her period at 42...no such thing as too anything!

• Posted

Hey Kerry, I hit the menopause roughly 4 and a half years ago, I'm 49.i can relate to what you are going through honey. We are both too young for this, you especially. I get the tiredness you describe. Its not getting up in the morning, that's when I'm most alert, if anything. It usually hits me during the day or very early in the evening. I have never, ever felt a tired like this. Its like, someone got a really heavy, thick blanket, got it soaking wet so it weighs so much more and just "chucks it on me! I can only describe it a blanket of heaviness. Or as though I've just been given an anesthetic. I'm wondering why you stopped the hurt honey?

• Posted

And stopped the HRT, lol x

• Posted

hi donna i stopped having periods when i was 37 and was having about 20 hot flushes aday i kept going to my gp and they kept dismissing me finally after two years they did a blood test and confimed what i knew my gp said i should start on the hrt patches problem is i kept forgetting to put one on went back to my gp to see if there was something else i could try but she wanted me to stay on patches and she reffered me to a menopause clinic im still waiting 6 months later. ive now just given up silly i know and only have myself to blame i just cant be bothered to fight anymore

• Posted

dont give up kerry please take support from everyone here, we are all in this together, im 58 and had years of every symptom going, i am on and off hrt, i dont like the symptoms it causes when im on it, yet i cant cope when all the symptoms come flooding back when i dont take it, my main issues right now are severe muscle weakness/ pain and sore sometimes spasms, hot flashes , chronic neck pain headaches and back problems. please keep going take one day at a time it will get better x big hugs from me to you

• Posted

No I am 58 ,have bad tiredness, get up for cup of tea them go back to bed with I pad for a hour, had menopausel trouble the last 10 years, or so, on Citalopram 10mg at the moment, giving it a try

• Posted

hi susan, me too im 58 i struggle moving in the mornings , i get up make a cup of tea around 6 am then go back to bed with my iphone and read these messages , what are your main symptoms susan if you dont mind me asking 

• Posted

Extremely tired , needing the loo more to wee, internal treamberling, depression, not feeling I can though the day, have other problems wear and tear bottom of back, bad some days, joints ache and fibromyalgia, do you get out much at all ?

• Posted

Hello Mrs Susan,

I get all of these like you bottom if my back, & neck problems hurts worse in the mornings when at times i feel i cant get through another day, but we can and we must, look forward to better days warm hugs to you 

Jules

• Posted

Since my 26 years old I was experiencing PMDD. ON may 2016, one month before my 30 years old birthday, I had a sudden surgery because of a luteal cyst rupture. After that surgery I am having awful perimenopause symtpoms on a daily basis. I cannot function at all. My cycles till last month were regular and I was experiening earlier ovulations but quite painful.

This year, they found a 6 cm cyst on my other ovary and on Monday I had a surgery again to remove the cyst and the found and two nodules to 2 connections of uterus.

The problem with me is that I am still experiencing low estrogen deficiency symptoms. It is very weird and unheard to develop endometriomas with low estrogen.

I am so young and I know my body, each cell is screaming for estradiol. I am only 32 years old.

I am in a deadlock. I am suffering so much..I am dying...my bones are cracking and aching, my sugar levels drop suddenly, chronic fatigue, digestive issue, severe emotional swings, no sex drive, no quality of life, I cannot function, I cannot work, I feel dead and finished.

God help me..help especially the young sufferers. It is very unfair. It is hellish

• Posted

I started feeling wrong at 42. I was originally prescribed Citalopram as queried Anxiety /Depression.. never thought about menopause. It was only when my gp suggested it asked about my cycle that w she did blood test and sure enough. I started HRT a year ago and after a few changes I am feeling loads better.

I think it took me a while to mentally accept the menopause but now I feel good and actually have my fun loving outlook back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.