Early menopause or cervical cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all. I'm 48 and my periods are always on Time and lightish. The last four months they have been heavy. This past month I had a heave period a one week break (with some pinikish brown spotting) another three day period and now I'm spotting brown sometimes red. I've been to the docs and he said took blood tests and has booked me a pap. I'm also exhausted and can't be bothered to do anything. In fact my favorite day is to lie on the couch with my dogs eat as much sugar as possible and NOT talk to anyone haha. I haven't had the pap scan yet but ive looked at the symptoms and cervical cancers seems very similar to early menopause (I am in no pain) I'm just interested in other women's experiences

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like the beginning of perimenopause to me. It can last a few years. That's how mine started. I was shocked when I went from extremely regular cycles to not. And oh yeah, the couch and sugar too. LOL. I try to incorporate some healthy habits, but for me if I over do it, it has a negative affect. So I do what I can and try not to stress about it.

• Posted

Did you have long lasting bleeding ?

I have some and it seems to me it will never end.

It's very light but really annoying .

• Posted

Yes exactly that. As soon as one period ends I have about two days free and then it starts all over again. And when it's heavy!!😳 I have to wear extra large super duper tampax and a panty liner that is the size of a diaper 😂

• Posted

AH yes. I call it the forever period. The hubby always thinks I'm lying. Lol

• Posted

Well I'm 51 and I'm experiencing exactly the same.

I 've been bleeding for 3 weeks now (very lightly ) with only one day off! My last real period were in april and since tbat time its been very very strange .

I see my doctor in one week.

Everybody tells me it's perimenopause but I start being worried it might be a disease 🤤

• Posted

I'm exactly the same. My mind wanders especially when I'm scheduled for a pap scan

• Posted

Just precaution I live in the USA which recommends pap scans every two years (I haven't had one for 5 years)

• Posted

I'm French and I think that we both don't give the same meaning to pap scan. For me it's the scan of the whole body to find malignous cells. Are you talking about a cervical pap?

In France we do it every 2 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.