Early waking, anyone else have this?

Posted , 14 users are following.

For the past 4 months, I am wide wake at 3:30am without any alarm. I've always been a good sleeper, sleeping until 8am. Now that the time went forward, I wake at 4:30, which is a bit better, but I miss waking at a normal hour. I fall asleep just fine, but wake ready to go way too early. Up until recently, I was waking several times a night. Anyone else have this?

3 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I do since peri menopause I have insomnia I can't sleep waking up every two hours . After my cycle I'm good until that two week before.
  • Posted

Yes. I haven't slept well in months. Feel so tired all the time, can't fall asleep, and if I do, generally wake up every couple of hours. So annoying! Most times when I do fall asleep, different parts of my body will jerk violently, waking me right back up. This happens multiple times before I finally pass out!
  • Posted

Tracy and Debbie, Im so sorry you ladies are suffering with this too. Ive had the times of jerking awake and that is unpleasant. Im so tired all the time as well. Sadly, I haven't had a break from this since it started. Still up super early before the roosters trying not to wake anyone in the house.
  • Posted

Yes, I wake too early, not as early as you, though. I go to bed very late which does not help, so most days I'm exhausted.  I read somewhere as we 'mature' that we can do that. It could also be depression, though. I guess it could be peri depression.  I do also get up to pee a lot during the night which lends to a very disruptive night.
  • Posted

I have this now. I went from sleeping all night to waking every hour or two to now waking between 3:30 and 4:00am. Like my body is programmed to wake at that time. You are not alone in this.
  • Posted

I completely understand.  Oddly, I started using vaginal Estrace and started sleeping like a baby.  All of a sudden I needed an alarm again.
    • Posted

I think I need some! So glad you found relief. My doc won't give me any estrogen and I feel like I need it.
  • Posted

You ladies help so much. Thank you for replying and helping me not feel alone in this.
    • Posted

I did read that having brazil nuts and milk before bed suppose to aid sleep and also cherry juice i believe, i remember reading this because my husband doesn't sleep well either x
  • Posted

I used to sleep well but it seems to be i wake up after four hours of sleeping, sometimes i can go back to sleep and sometimes i lie awake! X
  • Posted

Yes yes yes!

Have written many posts relating to this issue over past year...

Think the ladies are tired of me keep raising it with yet another idea or supplement!

Tried most natural ideas, now trialing 5htp , one before even a coffee one an hour prior to bed...not much good yet!

I've suffered with insomnia for years now and I'm not even stressed ...was but no longer.

It's the bane of my life but I try to cope!

Jx

• Posted

I know how the coping goes. I try to muddle thru and keep it together with all of this peri stuff. Keep us posted if you find something that works! 
  • Posted

I was trying to reply to pinkcatfairy but got moderated. Grrrrr. Anwhoo, I was trying to say thanks for the tip on the brazil nuts and cherry juice. Also my chiropractor just advised me to take one hundred milligrams of an amino acid called l-theanine before bed. Its supposed to help with mood, anxiety and sleep. Got some and gonna try it tonight. Ill keep everyone posted. 
    • Posted

yes please...I've read about that supplement too, not for insomnia but for my daughter with mild ADHD...I'd be very interested but then what works for one of us doesn't for another...

Unfortunately, I think i've gone past the milk and brazil nut stage as my insomnia is chronic nowadays...been years!

Tried the Mont Cherry caps...gone back to store!

Love to hear about l-theanine please

• Posted

No worries, I will for sure let everone know. It's an amino acid so Im not scared to try it. I also hear it is good for high blood pressure. My sons have ADHD and I will look into it for that for them as well thank you for that tip.

Did you know the veterinarians are giving a prescription of L-Theanine for the animals who have anxiety? I just learned this from my chiropractor today. How amazing so I knew I had to give it a try. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.