Eating

Posted , 5 users are following.

for a while now I am struggling to enjoy food, and the food that I have previously enjoyed I am not longer liking, has anyone had these side effects with anxiety and depression.

some days I do t want to eat and can't really be bothered and sometimes don't see the point?? I can't stand how I am feeling now and just want to feel normal and in control.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had this. After a month or two it went away gradually!
    • Posted

When I didn't want to eat, I would drink a smoothie or get Starbucks. Anything I could tolerate easily
  • Posted

I have been like this on and off for 10 months now, I put my finger on the issue tonight. Just feel so urgghh at the moment. 

Did yours sort itself out??

• Posted

Hello yes I'm like this too with anxiety. Absolutely no appetite . I'm forcing myself to eat because I'm losing weight. Are you ? I equate weight loss with illness and as I have health anxiety anyway I'm in a bad place! I've had to get my partner to hide the scales! Pathetic eh? I would use complan shakes to keep the calories up but I am lactose intolerant so I'm stuck! All suggestions welcome! Tia. E.
    • Posted

i'm struggling to get my weight down. I have hovered since October. I do the slimming world eating plan. Can u not use complain with lactose free milk. Has anyone in the profession not given you any advice. Best of  luck lol
    • Posted

The shake is already made with skimmed milk. You just add water. Because of health anxiety I won't go near a doctor so really don't have professional advise on this. This too will pass.! 
  • Posted

Are you loosing weight?
    • Posted

Trying to, slimming world plan. But because I don't eat enough I struggle to lose it. So it's a double edge sword really.
  • Posted

Yeah I'm the same, I used to be all about food but now I've lost interest. Don't want to go out for meals or get takeout which I used to love, just get the quickest, easiest thing to shove into my face to keep me going. Don't eat breakfast, don't have much for lunch, will eat dinner but rarely fancy it. I tend to drink a load of water though, I guess it fills a gap? I have lost weight, but I needed to anyway.
    • Posted

Sounds like me! I just think calories and swallow whatever over! I guess that's not healthy eating though! How much weight have you lost in what amount of time? 
    • Posted

26 lbs in 5 months. But need to lose another 5 to e

get back to that. Found it frustrating and felt like just giving up.

• Posted

i needed too. The drepression and anxiety don't help. If I am hungry it's usually chocolate, biscuits and crisps and the occasional carb craving. Didn't think I had lost that much interest in food, but indecisive I what I want to eat.
    • Posted

About 28lbs since August. I'm kinda thankful for that part of it though, I did used to eat too much, and spend too much on food haha.
  • Posted

Have you not had any help from others I.e counsellors or other therapists??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.