eating after op

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Please Help what to eat and drink after op I only drink pepsi will that still be ok any please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

everyone is different so you'll have to try and see .. Maybe flat Pepsi at first. Some people have to stick to low fat for months as there digestive system becomes very sensitive .. Some get bad diahreah attacks if they eat certain foods and drinks... 

I before my operation had got my attacks under control by being a veggie eating no fat no caffeine so no Pepsi and drinking mint and camomile tea... After my operation I found I could eat and drink anything and I was prone to constipation rather than diahreah...

so it depends on you ...

but I would advice learning to drink water now as Pepsi will cause your gallbladder to contract and squeeze which will cause pain and colic vomiting attacks xxx

• Posted

Susan,

Keep you eating habits very simple. I would not recommend a Pepsi. Stick to Sprite. Lots of Yogurt, rice, greens, breads.

• Posted

Yes i had my removed. Im about 9 weeks post op. Its pretty rough recovery so take it easy. Also add soups to your diet. That is the big key factor. Maintain a good healthy diet forever.
  • Posted

People are very different so it is a question of trial and error really.

I would start off by introducing foods gradually.

If you have been on a low fat diet prior to op try to remain on that as much as possible.

I have always been OK with spicy foods but a lot of people say they are not.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up