ECG! 2 QUICK QUESTIONS?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I've had 2 ecgs now and any amouts of physical examinations by various doctors at my GP all said I'm fine QUESTION 1. can they tell if any thing is seriously wrong by an ECG? Sounds daft I know but I have got the got really bad health anxiety over my heart and fixated on my breathing etc.

QUESTION 2 is I've been thinking about sound running and exercise for sometime but wary about doing it because of shortness of breath everyday tight chest and fear of dropping down dead while I'm doing it a know sounds daft again but do use think I should conquer my fears and go for it? My doctor thinks it will help me feel better doing exercise, All replys gratefull thankyou been posting on here a lot lately just for reassurance🙂

0 likes, 36 replies

Report / Delete

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi luke I have had a couple of ECGs now and still ask myself the same questions . Having health anxiety is horrible I can totally sympathise I worry and focus on my heart and head all day long
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Out of all the things doctors do not know..heart is not one of them. They got this down pat. Excellent technology. Great heart surgeons. They would know. You must trust them. This is probably of the only organs they have made a lot of advancea in. Listen to your Doctor.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Lisa you have put my mind at rest do you think I should start running? Even with the shortness of breath everyday and heart flutter both are really bad and present 24/7.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

How about start walking first then to a jog. You need to correctly learn how to properly breathe to avoid shortness of breathe. That a learned thing. Ignore the heart stuff completly now.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Luke, you sound just like I was a few months ago.

The flutters will be down to anxiety and the chest tightness will be because your so tense.

I bought a watch to exercise with and went on a run, it was scary my heart rate was about 130bpm and still high when I got home, the thing is at the beginning it's like a double edge sword, the fear about your heart may get a little worse while your running but keep it up and you will get use to it and yes it does make you feel a lot better!

Just start off with a jog around the block and get further away, I went straight into a mile run which wasn't the best idea I've had lol you will be fine and will probably find you sleep better smile

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply XxaimxX, Yeah it's just that fear of always thinking about your heart and breathing well it is with me anyway yeah I've been looking into them I might buy a Fitbit and see how I get on with that, before my panic attacks and anxiety I didn't really eat well etc well now I have started drinking smotthies and goin for long walks ( even though I think I'm going to collapse) did you find when you go on your runs it helps with your symtoms?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've got a Fitbit smile their really good!! I'm trying to put on weight and it's helping with that. Yes it does because it helps your state of mind which takes your mind off anxiety, go for it smile I still feel crap sometimes but just have to keep strong x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah I've just been looking at them I'll think I'll invest in one can't do any harm I'll do anything to help my current state of mind feel like it's been took away🙁It's amazing what anxiety am so to someone's body I just thought it was all in ones head and not physical thanks for your advice🙂x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Once you realise how much your body can actually do the anxiety should start lessen, you may get other symptoms once you aren't bothered about your heart anymore but that's totally normal smile x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ahhh okay that's good to hear I was beginning to start to think I'd be doomed for the rest of my life and feel like this forever at least there is hope I'll invest in a Fitbit and start running then thanks!🙂x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up