Ectopic Pregnancy??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, I'm a 16 year old female who is sexually active and suffers from very painful periods. I recently had this pain about two weeks ago that probably lasted for a week (around 1 week before my period) in my lower abdomen, a heaviness and fullness, hurt when I went to the toilet (not a stinging pain, but more of an ache and uncomfortable pain when releasing) and was tender along my lower abdomen. It didn't hurt on one specific side but was very uncomfortable and lasted for around a week straight. Since then I've gotten my normal PMS symptoms and cramps and have started my period with it being around the same length cycle as my last and the bleed being usual. However, my GP suggested it could be an ectopic pregnancy? is it worth me taking a pregnancy test? 

The pain is no longer noticeable and I can't feel it. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.