Eczema Herpeticum??

Posted , 1 user is following.

My 3 year old daughter has had 2 spots on her face for a couple of months now. Whilst they have faded, they have not gone away. At the end of last year, we went to the doctor as she had a rash in the creases of her legs and arms, as well as a bit of a body rash. The doctor at the time said is was either interior/impetigo (I cannot remember which now) in any case those rashes went away, leaving just these two spots on her face. There is a slight indentation on one on the spots. 

We also went to a dermatologist who said that this looks like hemangioma, but I am not convinced. Can this occur at 3? 

The other thing I recently thought of is that just prior to the initial symptoms, my wife did have a cold sore, but I thought it was gone before this started. Is it possible to pass on without a sore present? 

Finally, Google is scary, hence my question to a forum. When you look at images, you see people covered with spots. Again, my daughter just has two. 

Any idea on what this is? 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.