Educating the young

Posted , 5 users are following.

morning all..think its about time menopause became part of education at school.we are taught about the changes to our bodies during puberty sex and pregnancy but not about the menopause..lots of people are mis informed about the menopause to..saying on average symptoms last this long or that long..we truly have been dealing with hormones all our lifes...true menopause is when the periods have stopped for a year and you go into post and your body lives without hormones..i have spoke to so many ladies who have found this part of the journey to be the worst and expect symptoms to actually stop when for a majority they do not..we all habe our own ways of dealing and coping but do feel forwarned is forearmed..educate now β™₯️

4 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I agree. They do need to implement this into the reproductive biology portion of health education classes. It would help ease our minds a bit about all of this. It would not make it easier to go through but at least we would have some idea of what to expect.

• Posted

excatly and know what to expect...its the biggest change of all i think..we are rife with ostrogen all our lifes but not told the impact it really has on our bodies when it goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.