Effexor

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just switched from Celexa to Effexor. My head feels spacey and dizzy . Is this normal and how long will it last ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Can I ask why you switched and how many mg's of CELEXA you were on

• Posted

I've been on it forever and it just wasn't working anymore . I started having horrible anxiety and feeling spacey and all I can describe as an off-balance feeling for about a year now. We tried Zoloft and that didn't work so we went back to the Celexa with no results as well. I tapered from 20 milligrams of Celexa alternating every other day with the Effexor and I'm just feeling strange. I'm 45 year old female and my doctor also thinks hormones may be playing a big role in this

• Posted

Just curious because I just started Citalopram (celexa) about 7-8 weeks ago. I am 58 and never had anxiety until recently I had two bad attacks and several smaller ones. Almost always feel on the verge of one. The Ativan helps with that too.

Sorry I wasn't helpful with your question. I don't seem to get brain fog although my hot flashes have started again and they had mostly stopped. I am post menopause

• Posted

I know that hormones can play a nasty part in anxiety. The only time my sister goes nuts and gets anxious is when she doesn't take her hormone meds. It started scaring her, and her family so awfullly that she doesn't forget it anymore and lives a lovely, productive, happy life.

If your doctor thinks it may be hormones....did he test? If so, blood test or saliva test? I understand the second is more accurate.

Your problem may be anxiety, but hormone imbalance could be the entire culprit. I would check it out. I just spoke to my sis, she said she was around 42 or 43 when she was diagnosed.  Let us know how it goes, luv.wink

• Posted

You are very welcome. I hope this helped. Looking forward to hearing what happened, Gia.
  • Posted

I forgot that when I was actually going through the worst part of my menopause around 45 I took Paxil for about a year and a half. It worked well and then I weaned myself off slowly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.