Effexor xr 75mg. Almost 4 weeks in still so much anxiety help!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been on effexor xr 75mgs. I can't take ssri s .. I'm almost at 4 weeks this wednesday.. my anxiety has been thru the roof.. it wasn't like this the first week.. I'm getting so much negative feedback on this medication.. any positive stories would help alot.. I'm having panic about this medication not working n then having to go thru withdrawals. . N I hear it's hell.. I go to doctor friday. I think she's going to up my doseage to 150mg.. people are telling me this is the worst antidepressant ever n I should get off it as soon as possible. . But what happens if it works for me on a different doseage. . I've tried so many different antidepressants n nothing has worked.. I've been going thru this trial n error thing since november I'm so over this.. really depressed over my anxiety.. please positive only!! Please help!! I feel like I'm going crazy..

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

You need to call your gp or doctor. It is not working for you. Youll need to slowly wean off of it. Your doc should guide you.no point to up it, its to wean off and try a different one. I know a few have used it and slowly tapered off just fine. benzos are the most difficukt to wean off from, that one should be ok just slowly and steady amounts. They give you another medicine so whilst you wean off it you do okay. Truth is these medicines only work in half the people who takes them. Some doctors throw three different meds on and thats ridiculous. If its clearly not working  the. Absolutely tell your doctor and very slowly taper off. You cant just stop them.and hopefully they have a different one they have others besides ssris available. Why dont you call instead of waiting till friday.youre a patient and deserve proper care. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Im using also Venlafaxine,which is also Effexor from.So pretty much the same ,just different brand..Using cca 2,5 month 75 mg.And it helps with depression a lot and anxiety too.Dont have panick attacks anymore.But did not cure my anxiety.Dont listen people who say Effexor is worst AD.No is not.For some worst,but for other help from heaven.I jusd read many stories from people that none AD works for them..just Venlafaxine.4 weeks is time when its just starts to fully work, but it may take longer time.So maybe wait a bit and than tryy some different AD.BTW dont read so much about side effects and negative commnets on AD, because that whats make anxiety trick with you.It is make you more anxious too.You dont find one Antidepressant on this planet, which not gonna have  negative reviews.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank u.. I think I'm gonna need to go up to 150mg. Going to the doctor friday.. I've been thru some many ad s I'm scared nothing will work.. I just don't wanna feel like this anymore. Shaking all the time crying spells all day.. I'm scared I'm never going to get better
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Dont worries.It will get better.Just keep trying and so.Eat healthy,have some sports,think posiive.Think about that how many of us must deal with that. smileYou are not alone for sure.We are here to help each other.You know anxiety is smart,its make you thoughts that nothing will ever work.But it is just anxiety who plays his dirty games in your head. Believe me.You feel bad because you think nothing will help you and that is your anxiety cause.Lots of weird thought and feelings. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks you made me feel much better. Knowing that others are going thru the same thing.. anxiety sucks.. hopefully I will do better on a higher doseage. Will see tomorrow at the docs.. thanks for all your help smile
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up