Eggs...yes or no??

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Has anyone eaten eggs whilst on orlistat. If yes did you tolorate tgem of have a problem? Although they would be within allowance for a meal they do break the 5g rule so just wondering if anyone still eats them. Ta

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma, I ate eggs whist on them but on odd occasions it did have a slight effect and I'd have oil!!

Just don't have too many wink 

• Posted

Lol just really fancy some scrambled egg on toast. Guess I could havd one full egg and one egg white maybe. Kinda nice to only be missing savory and not bothered about chocolaye and cake since they were my vices lol
  • Posted

I occasionally have a poached egg on 1 slice of toast (no butter) which gives me 7g of fat (my own bread so I can work it out exactly), and occasionally a boiled egg with a slice of bread (again no butter).  I have no bad effects from that, but although the egg on its own breaks the 5g rule (unless you have a huge egg!), the total egg-and-toast doesn't.
  • Posted

Hi emma,

I have eggs for breakfast some days and never have had the side effects. enjoy your scrambled eggs!!!

• Posted

Hi Emma I had scrambled egg.and toast and was fine no side effects.  Enjoy them. X 
    • Posted

Yey thanks Rachel and Yvonne.  I realise that everyone reacts differently to different foods but sounds lile egg may be a safe option.  Time will tell lol
  • Posted

Hi Emma

Ive had a mushroom omlette a couple of times made with 2 eggs ....no side effects i sprayed a little frylight in the pan and was ok

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up