Eight and a half week post op A&Pa

Posted , 7 users are following.

i thought I would give you all an update I am feeling a lot or better first day out yesterday lasted half hour in a shop then went to see my frend in hospital then drove the car four mile, half hour brake did the shopping with the husband and I am absolutely knackered today, I thought I was easy to conker the world when I set off.☹️

i have also got discomfort on the left about two inches inside the vagina, I don't know wether it is a stich or scar tissue, I am seeing the sergion on Tuesday so I will give you an update then

can anyone tel me will they put a speclam in or just an internal?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Gillian. I had my 9 week check Friday gone. They examined me and inserted the speculum. It was very painful for me but she said my vault (area where cervix used to be) is still quite raw so advised to continue taking it easy and no sex yet (much to my relief) I have a lot of crampy pains at mo especially if I do too much.

I've had 2 days of being out and about and I'm exhausted. How I'll cope back at work in 3 weeks time I'll never know. But I suppose 3 wks is a long way of yet. Trying to build myself up but not succeeding much at mo.

• Posted

Did you have A&P, I know what you meen about energey levels I don't seen to be getting any better at doing more x
    • Posted

Hi yeah I had A&P repair as well as total hysterectomy and a tvt. The full works!!! Certainly got my money's worth. Ha. It's so hard to do nothing if you feel ok. But then the body lets you know if you e don't too much as I'm suffering now. Very frustrating. X
  • Posted

My doctor used a speculum at my 6 week appointment.  She was very gentle and it didn't hurt.
    • Posted

Thank you ladies, I have a list of 20 questions ready for Tuesday, last question did any of you ladies take a wee sample?
    • Posted

I didn't, but I had a posterior repair (no anterior issues) and I wasn't having any symptoms of a UTI or anything.   I think they would have taken a sample if there was any reason at all to think it might be helpful.  Also, I am in the US so it may be different.
    • Posted

That's great that you have your questions for your doctor written down.  It's so easy to forget what you meant to ask if you don't write it down!
  • Posted

Every doctor is different when it comes to the exam. Your pain can be spasms or a sprained pelvic wall. Don't worry your body needs time to heal. Everyone heals differently. Best of luck to you love .💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.