Eleanor27267

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had to stop taking the Mirtazapine due to a rash which I got on my face and down the right side of my neck.   I have stopped the medication which at first seemed to be a lifesaver along with 20mg prozac....what have others found to be as useful after giving Mirtazapine up...before this I was taking 40mg of prozac....feel like I've used up my last life line...thank you for any and all information, what to eat and not eat was helpful...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eleanor, 

The best person to discuss this with, will be your GP.  He/she should be able to look at previous medication and hopefully identify an alternative.  The downside, is that what works for one person, doesn't necessarily work for another and different antidepressants seem to help different types of illness.  For me, Mirtazapine helps me sleep - which is does.

Good luck, hope you find something soon.

Shaz

• Posted

HI ELEANOR27267,,that is the first time i've known mirt to cause a rash , ,how long hav u been on it and what for also what mgs,,stopping mirt like u have can be nasty and make u feel worse,,if it seemed like a lifesaver it must have been helping in some way,,it would be interesting to know more details      BLUESY,,IF I CAN HELP U ANY FURTHER BUZZ ME 

• Posted

Hi there going back on Tues night....the biospy report won't be availalbe but the doctor said to start to go back...I'm on a low dose of the med taking 1/2 of 15mg along with 20 prozac before I was taking 40 mg...the short time I was on the mirt I did feel rather well....the downside of stopping it due to the rash was a severe let down, trouble sleeping and feeling extremely tired...we shall see what next week brings...i was only on it for a week going from 15 mg to 1/2 for two nights, then I got this awful red rash down my right side of my face down into my neck, also the left side of my face...little bumps still reside down my neck...thank you...we'll keep everyone posted....

• Posted

HI ELEANOR..you need to stablelise yourself  up and downlng mirt is not a good idea at all it will make u worse,,,it takes 2-3 weeks too get into your system properly,,,so stay on the 7.5mg ? and persivere with it and u will soon start to feel a lot better,,,i was on 7.5 mg for 10 weeks and it worked wonders for my dep/anx/imsomnia/ect,,then slowly reduced too zero,,i have been OFF now for 8 weeks and feel ok,,u most probably will get some side effects most people do,,you just have to work your way through it and stay determined,,,good luck,,,k-i-t,,,BLUESY  
    • Posted

Thank you Bluesy....for your detailed reply....are you taking any other med right now....I wasn't aware that your could actually come off Mirt once you started that it would be a go with my prozac of 20mg.  Not sure we even

close to being in the same age bracket, I'll be 77  : = (  and have taken one kind of psyche med for many years....thank you for your kind words...see the doctor on thursday of this week....Eleanor

• Posted

hi eleanor..yes u can come off mirt but very slowly.i no longer take any dep/anx tabs just b/p tabs,,i am also 77y/o,,if u read my own posts and calmer,s u will learn a lot about mirt and i am sure it will help u on the road to recovery,,if u follow my previous post then take it from there u will soon start too get well ,,,k.i..t  BLUESY,,if i can help further buzz me,,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.