Electricity sensation!? What can it be anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm having these electric sensation zap in my head and it happens when I'm resting. Feels annoying and hope it's just stress. Anyone get them? Also have a headache😞

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's called brain zaps it's actually really common in anxiety or sometimes when your on certain meds

• Posted

I been off since two years ago. But I get them when I'm laying around and resting

• Posted

Hi Judi yes a lot of us have that sensation with anxiety including myself , I have that all the time , mostly all my anxiety symptoms are head sensations !!
    • Posted

Glad to know im not alone in this sometimes i feel like im the only one with this
    • Posted

You are definitely not alone both myself and Emily struggle with head sensations all if the time !!
    • Posted

Mhm this pressure is driving me crazy! U ever feel it like in your nose and forhead too?
    • Posted

I have the painnear my right temple right now , and I wanted to ask you or everyone , when u wash your hair , does your head anxiety act up
    • Posted

Yeah like sometimes it just feels weird I can't explain it but I like to

Sit in the bottom of the shower and let the water run over me for a long time and it makes me feel a little better

• Posted

I have gotten these. A nurse told me its an electrolyre imbalance. Drink hydralyte or gatorade drinks and water. But they are starnge. 
  • Posted

Get a check up if you haven't had one. The mind is a very powerful thing! Their have been people in wheel chairs that there was nothing wrong with them! That's an example. But you can have all kinds of symptoms with An Anxiety disorder. Trust me been there with all the sensations. If you can think it , you can feel it.. If you have seen a Dr for physical don't worry. Meditation , groups like this to share, read on the subject , books . Calming things . So much that can be done and I have done these all. I go to a Phych Dr and I am on meds now. Celexa and klonopin. Never be ashamed of having to be on meds! This is an illness that sometimes requires meds to relax enough !! Those meds have my life back! But this is a lifetime disorder, and something can trigger it to act up! Mine is right now because of a fall and hitting my head and knocking myself out! So now my anxiety is trying to get the better of me again and going into health phobia! Over thinking !! We are good at it! But I am positive once I start healing , I will be back to feel better about things again. Be strong !!👍👍👍????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.