Elleste combi

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am on day 11 of taking this HRT.  I am on the combined pill 2mg and 1mg.  I have not noticed any difference in night sweats yet, the day flushes are a little better and I feel less anxious and a bit calmer.  I have also noticed the last couple of days my nipples are sore and I feel slightly sick.  Am I expecting too much too soon or are they not right for me.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure I'm right about this and of course we are all different.

With the HRT I seem to be going over old stuff. I'm only about week 10 into it now. What I've noticed is like you anxiety is much better instead of being on edge and uptight all the time it comes and goes now more like early peri.

I always had awful nausea a dry thirsty feeling and disgusting taste in my mouth. This had got somewhat better after my periods stopped. It came back with a vengeance a couple of weeks ago, again just as bad as it used to be. I also had painful nipples a few days something again I haven't had since early peri.

Its better again now.

I didn't really have night sweats just really hot and bothered all the time and that for me was improving from almost day one of HRT.

By two weeks in I could cuddle up to my husband in bed again which is lovely.

For the first 8 days on the estrogen part I slept really well just like I used to. Unfortunately that was short lived and I'm hoping it gets back to that and if not I will see if i can try a higher dose just to see after I've been on it 3 months.

Also I had the most noticeable improvement a few days after I had finished the progesterone part.

Some of it is subtle, I think because if you are feeling not too bad you don't think about it whereas if you feel yuk you can't really ignore it.

I've had a few times lately when I've realised gosh I felt so normal then.

A few times especially with the nausea bad taste and thirst thing I really wondered like you is this HRT the right one for me but I'm glad I've persevered as they have got better again now.

• Posted

Hi I'm on day 14 new to HRT and have glimmers of feeling a like more normal. I had sore nipples but this has disappeared now. My anxiety level comes and goes and dare I say it I've had 1 good nights sleep where I've slept straight through........!!!!! To 

As Zigangie advised me the other day which I was thankful for......stick at it.

i suppose I feel a fraction of an improvement is better than nothing.....I am hopeful of more

• Posted

Hi, good to know the sore nipples are normal, I will be looking forward to that side of things disappearing. I agree that the fact I am less anxious is a positive. Looking forward to not waking at 12.30, 2.30, 4.30 and then the rotten alarm going at 6am just when I am nicely settled. Coming back as a man next time LOL
  • Posted

Hiya. I tried Hrt and it stopped working for me after 9 months so I went off it. Give yourself a little time. It is different for everyone and maybe you need to get a build up in your blood stream before it has a more positive effect. If you are like me, I was desperate to get relief and wanted the meds to work staright away. We become so conscious of it as well...is it working or is it not. Mental torture !
  • Posted

That is very interesting to me. I have been having terrible sweating for at least 15 years. I'm 61. My mom did the same thing, she didn't take HRT and I haven't yet. I'm ready to try it though. My mom asked her doctor how long it would last he told her he told her it could be her whole life. It was, she was 79 and still sweating! Ugh. Good luck. I'm also needing it cuz I have very painful sex, I should say I don't have sex.
    • Posted

Hi, that is what my GP said some women have flushes for life.  After 8 years of extreme sweating I gave in 2 weeks ago and went on HRT. I can feel the benefit already, if I do get a flush it is very light and not so intense and I feel less emotional and anxious so all good so far.  I know once I come off them the symptoms will come back but I am only going to take then for about 3 years until I retire, which I hope to do at 60.  I can cope with them at home but at work it is just so embarassing and you feel so ugly all red and sweaty. As for the sex side of things I'm getting too old for that LOL, that is my excuse anyway.  Give it a go but accept that we are only delaying the symptoms.  Take cae

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.