Embarrassing new symptom Peri or am I crazy???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies, I have been feeling something new lately and It's very embarrassing. Lately I find especially if I am experiencing any anxiety. Sensations in my vagina that feels like tingling or the sensation I have to urinate. It comes and goes, especially before my period which has become lighter and shorter, I'm 50 by the way. Is this just age or a hormone issue? any help would be appreciated.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Jennifer,

I think that you might be experiencing atrophic vaginitis.  Your hormone balance has changed, so the bacterial/yeast balance in your vagina could be changing also.  

I suggest you try a good probiotic, one that has cultures to help you balance the flora in your digestive, renal and reproductive systems.  Not all probiotic cultures do that, so keep an eye out for a probiotic that does.

Best of luck to you!  

• Posted

Thank u Lynda for your reply, it makes a lot of sense. I will definately try it. Thanks again
  • Posted

I used to get tingling there at night and need to pee. Strangest feeling. Sometimes I get a weird feeling there if I look downwards from a big height.
    • Posted

It suddenly went away, so weird. But I am due for my period in a few days. I think it is hormonal. Because the crazy Peri symptoms come in all shapes and sizes.. lol. I am so irritable I can't even stand myself right now. Very bad pms, so tired and I can't seem to get motivated to do anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.