Embarrassing symptoms and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wrote a week or 2 ago about my anxiety and the physical symptoms I am getting that I can't shake. Does anyone else out there get symptoms like this?

I wake in the morning and always seem to have that urge to use the restroom ( BM ). It lasts until I do and then after that it is as if inside me is irritated or something. Like an aching feeling that is dull but bothersome. It also will somethimes feel like I am going to need to go again but I don't.

BM are pretty normal and not constipated or anything like that. I dont have any scary type symptoms like bleeding but just an in general irritated sensation in the rectum. 

I feel like it is anxiety related and some days it isnt as bad as others but even when I am starting to calm myself down it hasn't gone away and is driving me nuts.

Just curious if anyone else gets this way?

I am a health anxiety type person and it usually focusses somewhere on my body and this time its in the most embarrassing place.Ugh.....

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Deffo sounds like anxiety, but get it checked out, then u will know for 100%, then you can tell ur self its anxiety.

I know, I know ,easy said than done, but at least the logic part of your brain knows its anxiety, are you on meds?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Not currently on Meds. I saw my Doc about it 3 weeks ago and he said take some antacids daily? Maybe that would calm the area down. He also gave me some Lorazapam and I took it for a few days but I HATE meds and want to try not to take em. Started going to the gym every day to see if that can get me back on track. After the Doc asked me if I had many other symptoms and I didn't I think he asumes its my anxiety also. I used to take Zoloft for years and weaned myself early this year and am just now starting to have issues. Its a rollercoaster for sure.

Other than this stupid issue I am in perfect health so it drives me crazy.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

OMG that is really bad. I mean i totally understand you and your problems and i know that you can not control those symptoms. You can visit a doctor and try to use some pills in order to make some improvement 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey guys. Just an update. Symptoms sre not quite as bad. Some days it's pretty good and some not. I guess I'm writing for reassurance. I feel pretty confident all this is anxiety because if it was a legit problem I feel like symptoms would be the same all the time and not come and go etc.

I know you all know what that's like. Been able To hit gym etc and that's helping. Can't wait for this to pass. Whenever I start feeling like I have a handle I'll second guess everything. Thanks for listening ( reading)

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up