Embolization

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just had my UFE done I see discussions about digestive problems is there anything to say fibroids can cause digest problems or this procedure the UFE? I had it done 2 weeks ago and feel like I have IBS any advice would be good scared it maybe something else going on inside me. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If your fibroids were big they will be inflammed and swell after the UAE.  For me this lasted about 6 weeks. However some symptoms I had before UAE like going to the toilet a lot improved after a week. Make sure you eat lots of fibre. Probiotics might help too if you are feeling full. 
  • Posted

I found I could't eat properly for about a month after procedure. I continued with Buscopan for about 8 weeks after.

• Posted

I was going to the toilet a lot before the procedure now not as bad but feeling pain when doing the toilet do you think it’s just things settling down after the UFE? Did anyone suffer headaches too? 
  • Posted

It could be to do with the pain medication you would have been taking. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.