Emetophobic hell

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all I'm a 27yr old female I have struggled with emet (phobia of sickness) for a very long time my phobia is only about me being sick I'm probably better than the average person with someone else being sick lol but when it comes to me it's a huge no no. So I was prescribed flux 20mg by my doctor earlier this year however I was to afraid to take it but this time I am really determined to take it so me and my child can have some quality of life as due to my phobia I have became agoraphobic I literally never leave the house and become extreamly anxious if I have to results me in running home huge panic attacks it's ruining my life

So basically what I'm looking for is some good positive stories comment that will really help me to start this medication today I am so scared of the side effects and one of them being vomiting is making me more anxious than u could believe sad plz some help as I can't go on like this I can't do anything with this awful awful phobia and these intrusive thoughts every min of the day

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

When I first read I didn't see what kind of medicine what my did was give me the liquid started me on real low dose to start then work up  slow that way you won't have so many side effects .

• Posted

Oh thank you so much for the reply and reading my story I also have the liquid what ml did u start on I was thinking of having the 2.5ml which I believe is the equvilent to 10mg just really don't want the side effects I'm petrified sad

• Posted

That's a good starting point 2.5 is 1/8 teaspoon I'm doing same now Good luck Keep in touch!

• Posted

Oh I certainly will I'm going to post how each day goes u should do the same or whenever your feeling up to it and see how we both get on smile

• Posted

That's is great we will do this together it's always good to have someone to talk with.  We Can Do This!

• Posted

Yeah at least we can sympathise with each other think I'm going to start tonight going to try and eat a bit since I'm so anxious that's pretty hard for me to eat but I'm going to try and people say can help the Sickly feeling, I had just gotten a puppy this week and strangly my anxiety has been bad since I got him (he's going back tomorrow as I'm not as confidant with him as I thought) it was my mum who pointed out that my anxiety had become worse maybe the responsibility or something I don't no but I think she maybe right as I have had such a hard week hence why I want to start this medication after having it for a year in the cupboard strange how something so silly can set anxiety off sad

• Posted

Remember 2.5 mg is 1/8 teaspoon.   Ml and mgs are different I had a compounding pharmacist do all this for me so l know I'm telling you right 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.