Emotional day

Posted , 3 users are following.

this morning I couldn't stop crying! At nothing for no reason. 3 days post op from ovarian cyst removal has anyone else experienced this? Followed by feeling ok / happy

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes can identify with that. It is relatively common both after this op and also general anaesthetic. Don't be surprised if it happens several times, it is part of recovery and my GP told me it is not unusual and can occur after any op, not just this one.
  • Posted

I've had a few days of feeling sorry for myself following ovary removal 4 weeks ago. Christmas carols are setting me off at the moment as feeling a bit ba-humbug!

i was emotional after general anaesthetic last year to but that was for very different operation.

• Posted

Most definitely experienced this and I personally attribute it to anesthesia, pain pills, boredom and frustration. Even the firat day I cried on the way home from the anesthesia. Many people react this way and it's entirely normal, all things considered. It's an emotional operation to begin with and scary for many women. Nerves are to be expected. Hugs!
    • Posted

Thanks everyone for reassurance. I have been out for first time today and went to church and chatted with friends. This has done me good.  Back on sofa now to rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.