emya and still having heavy period

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi please does anyone still get heavy bleeds with taking esmya because am on the 3rd month and my periods are still heavy. i was wondering if anyone had the same experience?. am thinking of going to see my GP to prescribe another medication i can be taken alongside esmya until i get the submucosal resection done in a couple of weeks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jay, my understanding is that Esyma should make your period lighter to shrink the fibroids, doesn’t look is working for you. I was on mini pill and took tranexamic acid with. You can go to your gp and say it doesn’t work but they may say it takes a while until it works. You do have a nasty fibroid, the worse for bleeding. 

If if you don’t mind me asking where do you have your operation done? Perhaps check with the gynaecologist who will operate you about Esyma, see what says. Also if your operation is in a few weeks ask your gp if you can stop taking it. 

Good luck with your surgery. 

• Posted

yes i intend asking the gyna that will do the surgery i mean i feel a lot lighter than before but i was expecting the period to stop or reduce significantly but it has reduced the days to 7 instead of 12

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.