End of 5th week and feel like I'm going backwards

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

It is coming up to the end of the 5th week of 20mg of citalapram and I feel like I'm going backwards is this normal ? Anxiety still there and feeling really low I was on this med for year then stopped taking it because I had a low and doc said it stopped working for me tried loads of other med with no joy .

does anyone think it could work for me again ? As anyone tried this med again after stoping and it worked ?

ADVICE PLEASE

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Im sorry you feel astho your goin backwards. Iv only been on 10mg for 4 days and im already seein a diffrence so is my patner and mum. Iv only had very light side effects atm so am hopin it continues to work. Maybe if u feel astho its not workin u should see your doctor? Iv heard people can have good days on cit and then really bad days. Sorry im not much help but please let me know how i get on and if the doc gave you an alternative. X
    • Posted

Dont worry Lauren. I am in the same situation as u. Had it for 6 yrs went cold turkey and im back on it now in week 6. Still have depression and anxiety . It is said that it takes around 12 weeks to work. Keep going!☺
    • Posted

Yerh i went 3 years sayin to everyone i was fine when i really wasnt i just didnt wanna admit it. Im deffo goin to keep at it cause i need the old me back that didnt give a crap ahaa. Im not so much depressed its just my anxsiety there trying to control x
    • Posted

Your same as me I was on it for years then it stopped working 2 years a go tried loads of other ad,s with no joy so back on citalapram it worked well for me before just hope it works again I can't remember how long it took to work last time but I'm at the end of week 5 and feel like I'm going backwards it so hard
    • Posted

I am definitley better when i keep busy

Cheers

• Posted

Hi Don

Sorry to hear you are not feelin any better I just checked i am 6 weeks and starting to improve. Today out with bridge this morning then grocery shopping and then come home and mixed and cooked up 13 riss oles. First time in a while i normally just have a salad and a bit of chicken or steak. But to actually start from scratch was something i havent done for at least 3 mths. So  a big improvement mornings still wake early 4am and sometimes can manage to snooze on and off till 7am and definitely not so sad in morn. I am not 100% so i hope there i more improvement to come they  say on here 3 mths full benefit. Maybe doc needs to up your dose I go back Wed so i am going to ask about increasing but will hang in there It may not be the one for you  

• Posted

Nice to here your getting their I'm just going to stick to it a bit longer 🙏🏿

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.