Endometriosis and Herpes

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Genital HSV1 early this month. I was so stressed that I missed my period. (Pregnancy tests have all been negative) I have pretty severe endometriosis (supposed to have surgery again next month) how can I tell the difference between hip/back/pelvic pain from an outbreak or from endometriosis? Anyone else on here have both problems thatcan shed some light? I am sexually active, on acyclovir, taking many supplements, and eating healthy . I just do not want to pass this to my partner. Also I recently shaved and worried I may have stimulated an outbreak. I have slight discomfort down there but no sores at all. I'm paranoid about everything.... I just want to know a true outbreak... and will I know it?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

They are both completely different haha

I have both

Outbreaks cause more nerve tingly pain in legs and bumĀ 

Endo causes more dull pain around the stomach lower back and butt

• Posted

Before my first outbreak, I thought I was just having an endo attack. They felt very similar to me. I didn't get tingly , I got a dull concentrated ache. The back pain was almost identical. I also get "flu like symptoms" before my period from the endo. That's why I'm so confused .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.