Endoscopy.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just been back to doctors this morning because i was awake all night feeling sick, feeling food stuck in my oesophagus etc and i have been on lansoprazole for a month. He has changed my tabs to pantoprazole and gaviscon and sending me for an endoscopy. He said it sounds oesophageal.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Well some sort of progress is on the way, let's hope your all issues will now get sorted soon.
  • Posted

I have had 2 endosopies in the past and the last one was 6 years ago. I am not too bothered about the procedure but what will be found rolleyes
  • Posted

Hi Dianne, yes I've also had 3 endoscopies in the past, all with sedation so they were no problem. At the end of the day at least your GP has referred you with out much fuss. Once you get a proper diagnosis you can get the relevant treatment.
  • Posted

I didn't get sedated for either of mine. I just think how can you feel so poorly and it be nothing serious!! I have acid problem before but this feels different.
    • Posted

Have you seen this GI consultant before then? Did your GP give you an idea of how long you'll have to wait to be seen? The sooner you're seen the better to stop you worrying.
  • Posted

No just my gp, he said it will be 3-4 weeks but i bet it's longer.I have had all my bloods  done last month which were ok and he gave me lansoprazole to try. I feel sick all the time and like foods stuck and when i bend over i can feel it wanting to come back up. Sometimes i have to go and make myself sick and it feels like it's food i have chewed just sitting there.
  • Posted

I had endoscopy done three weeks ago without sedation. My advice to you would be to take someone with you and have it with sedation.  I found out that I had inflammation in the duodenum, biopsy was taken and still awaiting results for H pylori. Biopsy is painless.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I had my other 2 without sedation. What symptoms did you have feb?
    • Posted

My symptoms are typical LPR reflux, cough,breathing problems,wheeze, and chronic sore throat. I've been healthy all my life and these symptoms were sudden onset,I never had hearburn before or indegestion, no stomach problems. Its like my life changed with a flick of a switch. I think mine started soon after repiratory illness.
    • Posted

Hi Feb, it does seem that some people have sudden onset LPR. Makes you wonder if the trigger is an infection or virus doesn't? I think that I've had it for a while but it was misdiagnosed as sinusitis and asthma. As I've said it does seem like my LPR has gotten worse since I had the Nissen's Fundoplication.
    • Posted

That is really sad that your symptoms has got worse after Nissen Fundoplication.  I have been considering Nissen fundoplication but after some research don't feel confident. We really need a miracle!  I'm so glad for this forum just makes me feel better discussing with people who understand.
    • Posted

Hi Feb, don't be put off by my experience. There are lots of people around that have done really well after a Nissens and feel great. Have you got a good local hospital and surgeon?
  • Posted

Hi Dianne

Yes the endless waiting is a real worry. Why dont you ask your doctor for a barium meal swallow? This can rule out a lot of things not the least of which is hiatus hernia.

• Posted

He said it shouldn't be too long for the endoscopy 3-4 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.