endoscopy..........................all clear

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi just a wee follow up from my discussion 3 weeks ago, GORD LPR HAITUS H!! i had endoscopy today with sedation it was a piece of cake, all clear regards everything so chuffed with that............but symptoms still remain hot throat acid brash teeth sore so phoned GP seeing him in 1 week he told me to double up on meds see how it go,s for a week having been off them for 1 week till today as instructed by endoscopy team.., GP said he will arrange appointment with a consultant (ENT or GASTRO DUNNO WHICH) gonna have to wait and see..thanks for previous info and advice from all who i chatted with previously, Allan

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Being off your hearburn meds may have given you acid rebound.  Going back on them  will help to clear the acid.   You may have simple acid reflux which can also be treated with OTC antacids and avoiding, fatty, spicy and rich foods. You may have a weak oesophageal sphincter which opens and lets the acid out.  I was told I had this when my endoscopy was clear.  I am amazed you coped with the sedation; many others on this forum seem to handle it too.  I am very intolerant to sedation which can cause me weeks of side effects. 
    • Posted

hi pippa............the consultant endoscopy nurse seems to think the h pylori which i went through the week long triple whammy course to eradicate may still be causing symptoms even though that week course was over 3 weeks ago..yesterdays endoscopy showed no h pylori..so i dunno maybe symptoms linger after eradication..its all very confusing, cheers Al
    • Posted

It takes time for your stomach to recover after strong antibiotics and so your stomach may still be sensitive. Try probiotic foods such as yoghurt to rebalance your gut flora which can get disturbed after the antibiotics.  Since your endoscopy showed no h pylori, then this infection is no longer the issue.  Endoscopies are very accurate.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.