Endoscopy results.

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I've just received my endoscopy results and I'm a bit confused. Consultant said nothing to worry about and my biopsie results came back fine. However, he said it looks as if I have a small amount of Barretts but the biopsie results didn't show this?? Need to go back in a year for another endoscopy. Two options now are either stay on the ppi or have an operation to help the reflux which only lasts for 10 years? Any ideas of which is the best way forward and what the results mean? I'm aged 32.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Got mine next Wednesday...hard choice...what happens after 10 yrs?

• Posted

My consultant didn't say what happened after 10 years just that's the lifespan of the op. I thought it was a permanent fixture?
  • Posted

The advice my consultant gave to me was to see if I could manage my condition with the PPI. I don't know if its still the same now but was told that if I had the surgery done being sick was difficult and since I use to travel a lot and eat out and get food poisioning I didn't like that idea. I am more than happy managing with the PPI
  • Posted

Can I ask if you have Barretts? I'm not sure whether this makes a difference on whether to have surgery or just use a ppi? My GP today said try the ppi for a year then get an endoscopy done then decide which way to go.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up