Endoscopy Test and Lump in throat

Posted , 5 users are following.

After having my endoscopy yesterday 4/23/18 at 12pm my throat felt fine. I took a nap and woke back up around 3pm. I ate some chips drink some juice it was fine, however when I started to eat some steamed veggies around 8pm my throat all of a sudden feels tight and sometimes a little painful when I swallow. Could it be from the meds they used to drug me up or is that normal?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello omega.

I do not really know what caused the pain but I would not recommend you eat chips. I guess these are fried and besides the chips are converted into sugars which definitely will result in pain. Well this is my opinion, I can also be wrong.

• Posted

I feel like it may have been caused by acid reflux. I went to sleep and woke back up and realize that I have been refluxing again.
  • Posted

Avoid chips, juice has acidity. Take coconut water or honey with warm water. Hope this helps...
  • Posted

You can get a sore throat after endoscopy because of the tube and the retching whilst having it done, sounds to me like globus when you are a little anxious sweetheart. Hope your feeling better now xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.