enlarged 1, 5

Posted , 4 users are following.

Doctor says my prostate has enlarged 1, 5. What it means. Doctor recommends operation. I do not know what to do.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It was done. I was four days in hospital. Now at home. I think soon well. Peeing is a little painful.
    • Posted

Good news, hope that you quickly get back to normal.
  • Posted

I am drinking much water!
    • Posted

Good idea but when I told my urlogist that I was drinking 3 litres a day he said that was too much.
  • Posted

They asked to drink 1 liter more than normally. But I do not even know what is normally.
    • Posted

A lot must depend on local climate and the amount of exercise you are doing.

Local hospital site suggests:

The European Food Safety Authority recommends that women should drink about 1.6 litres of fluid and men should drink about 2.0 litres of fluid per day. That's about eight glasses of 200ml each for a woman, and 10 glasses of 200ml each for a man. 

However, the amount a person needs to drink to avoid getting dehydrated will vary depending on a range of factors, including their size, the temperature and how active they are. So, for example, if you're exercising hard in hot weather you'll need to drink more.

All drinks count, including hot drinks such as tea and coffee, but water, milk and fruit juices are the healthiest. It is best to avoid alcoholic drinks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.