Enlarged lymph node in neck?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. I’ve had a enlarged lymph node on the right side of my neck at the almost where it connects to my trap muscle on my shoulder. I’ve no other symptoms of it’s just been swollen. Friday I noticed it getting smaller and kept poking it and now it swole back up. Could it be that me always messing with it could make it swole back up again? It makes my anxeity flare up and makes me google stuff. You all should know how that goes. I either have lymphoma, thyroid cancer, throat and head cancer and so on. I have no other symptoms other than mild ear pain. Possible ear infection? Need help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It could just simply be a ear infection, or maybe even sinus drainage. My lymph nodes on my neck stays swollen this time of year, on both sides, just due to pollen, allergies sinuses, and whatever else. Go to a doctor. That will clear your mind of all major bad possibilities and a round of antibiotics will probably clear it up.

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply. I just got over pleurisy and antibiotics. She said I still had drainage in the back of my throat. I was thinking that’s what it was but wasn’t sure.
    • Posted

I had pleurisy week before last. And took my last dosage of antibiotics and steroids last Sunday. I went to the doctor last Wednesday and she said I had drainage in the back of my throat and said my ears were fine but I don’t know. No other symptoms of any kind. I’m not going to worry about it anymore. I didn’t know I had swollen lymph nodes till 2 days ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.