enlarged neck

Posted , 5 users are following.

so i just noticed that just below my chin is an enlarged ball looking thing. i look like a bullfrog. i have health anxiety and worried. thinking a goiter? i read its linked to hormones and peri/meno

does anyone else have this? i want my body and mind back sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Kim, see your doctor about this. It could be an enlarged thyroid or lymph node.
  • Posted

I am sure this thyroid too! Doctor had mention that what it looked liked when someone has a thyroid problem . I was inquiring because of weight gain
  • Posted

Hi, Kim,

I suggest you go see your gp, this may not be related to menopause.  Goiters can be caused by problems with your thyroid glad, and it's best to have this considered.

Best of luck to you, let me know how you do!

• Posted

thanks ladies. i made an appt for next week. i have so many things going on idk whats what sad

• Posted

Thyroid problem - underactive or overactive seems highly probable. Most of the women on my mums side of our family have this, and I was diagnosed a couple of years ago, and was prescribed thyroxine.  My sister and mum are on a pretty high dose, although I only needed the minimal dose, and after a while I stopped taking it as I was getting panic attacks and palpitations, and since then, with regular blood tests Ive been fine. A bit odd, because usually, if you are diagonsed, you have to be on medication for life, but I'm not complaining.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.