enough

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Has anyone else had enough of this circle of depression? I have. I feel positive for a while, then bang, straight back down to depression mode, and can't be bothered to live. I've been on this drug since Oct, started on 20, then 40 now 60...What next? Have had PND since Oct 2005, can't seem to pull myself out of it, any positive stories to help me?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi,ive been on these for only 5 weeks and although ive had really bad days ive had more good ones.Today ive felt fantastic and it made me think the odd bad day i have cant be that bad really!I have 3 kids and try to be strong for them as they need there mum happy or sad.You say you have fet positive so thats good isnt it,keep your chin up.theres some realy lovely people you can chat to on here.take care. kim.x
  • Posted

[quote:71d7a9b85b=\"desperatemumof2\"]Has anyone else had enough of this circle of depression? I have. I feel positive for a while, then bang, straight back down to depression mode, and can't be bothered to live. I've been on this drug since Oct, started on 20, then 40 now 60...What next? Have had PND since Oct 2005, can't seem to pull myself out of it, any positive stories to help me?[/quote:71d7a9b85b]

Hi there mum of 2 and a very warm welcome here.

Is this the only drug you have tried? Are you receiving any counselling or therapy?

While feeling positive whst kind og things do you do? And when back in the drepression - how do you deal with it?

I had PND years ago - took them 3 years to iron - stretch - mould and fiddle with my brain before I was fianlly able to stop the tablets and lead a 'normal' life again.

Can you see a pattern to your depressive days? Possibly something that happened the day before?

Finally, do ylou drink alcohol?

Stick around here hun,there are some wonderful caring people who want to and will help you.

Melbi xxx

• Posted

Thank you Kimoli and Melbi, I know I'm not alone, but it really feels it when I'm low. I have PND for 2.5 years now, and am really fed up with it. I've had a full session of CBT/CAT, and see a CPN fornightly, but just can't shrug it away. When I think I am getting there I have a set back which takes me back further each time. All I want to do is sleep sleep sleep and more sleep, but can't. Even with sleeping tablets, its not enough. I have two young children and don't want them to be motherless, but thats got to be better than not knowing if the're being shouted at or ignored for no reason. I know I'm down again at the moment, probably school holidays, and having them around more than normal. Roll on the start of the term.
  • Posted

Hi there,not long before there back at school,my three are older.one teenager anothers whos nearly a teenager but already acts it.then my 9yr old who still loves me and hasnt got the attitude yet! kids can behard work when your feeling low,im having trouble with my eldest at the moment and finding it really hard,because im anxious anyway he really dont help,and when he goes into one and its normally with me not his father .But i have found these tablets have calmed me as last time he had a go i just let it go over my head!I didnt even shout.when i first went to the docs i just seem to cry all the time,admitting i had a problem was the worst.but i had such abad panic attack down my boys school i ended up on the floor,it was then that i thought i had better do something about it.I got agrophbia and my anxiety was through the roof.Now 5 weeks on i havnt had an atack for 3 weeks.Im still anxious and still feel down but know im getting there.I had a fantastic day yesterday,dont feel as good today but hey i know i will again...kim.x

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up