Entering my third week on 10 mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

I posted a few days a go I was waking up in the night.  I am still but no longer panicky.  I fall back asleep.  The mornings are still rough and if I don't have plans that makes the day worse.  I am struggling with eating still but managing to eat little things through out the day.

I am am still pretty exhausted in the morning I am hoping this side effect wears off?  I had made an appt to up the dose but I think now it would be better to stick with the 10 mg for at least 6 weeks to see how that goes...  

I have an an appt with a counselor to help with behavior therapy.

it is true there have been bright spots especially in the evening...

trying to persevere...  I was on Zoloft years and years ago and I just didn't care bout anything and my anxiety heightened severely...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would agree to stay on 10mg for at least 6 weeks. Upping the dose too early can add to and intensify side effects. I know this too well! Mornings are worse for me too, think that is very common.

X

• Posted

I am actually entering. My fourth week on this. Yesterday I was on edge all day and instead of taking a klonopin to help I hung in and that made it worse. I got no sleep! Ended up taking something at 11 and then again at 4:30. I switched and took my Celexa this am in hopes I can sleep tonight. I am really hoping these meds work I don't want to have suffered all of the side effects for nothing...

• Posted

Once I take my Celexa tonight, it will be my third week. I still have trouble sleeping. I try and take it like 30 minutes to an hour before bed too. I don't want to switch it to taking it in the AM either. I'll get maybe 4 hours of sleep, wake up and can't get back to sleep. Or I'll be in that weird state where you're somewhat aslee but not. I can't even tell if I got too much sleep or not enough sleep...ugh. Hopefully it will go away.

• Posted

The exhaustion does wear off. It was pretty bad in the beginning but by week 4 I would say it was completely gone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.