Enters my physical symptoms and it came up with Anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I have not been feeling too well for a while and enterered my symptoms into the Patient symptom checker and the second result on the list was Anxiety Disorder (top one was heart attack)!

my  main symptom is loose stools and nausea which is then followed by a tight heavy chest and neck, sometimes dizziness and feeling faint. Have also had pins and needles. Have been to A & E a few times and had ECG and bloods which ruled out heart attack. Have mild coronary heard disease for which I take a sta tin and asprin. Had Echo which showed diastolic dysfunction and been put on blood pressure tablets and beta-blocker. Keep getting the same symptoms and GP says it's probably anxiety. Would anxiety give me these symptoms? I am worried I may have angina. As soon as I get any symptom pain it quickly escaletes so I have loose stools and nausea. Don't know where to turn now ??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear you been unwell lately / hope you get to feel better soon / do you have a good GP you could talk to tell them how you feeling and that it's making your more anxious:

Please get back to me to let me no how you get on if see your GP : get well soon

• Posted

Hi

hard to get a GP appointment and it's always a different GP. I did speak to a G P today and she has referred T rapid accept chest pain clinic to check for Angina. She also left me a prescription fir diazepam 2mg - only 10 tabs to be taken when I feel really bad. And a gtn spray for angina. Have appointment to see her 21st July after chest clinic. Thanks for your good wishes. Part of me is convinced it's angina and part anxiety - just need to get to the bottom of it now. 

• Posted

I'm reading anxiety here. I strongly recommend an ANXIETY therapist or counselor. They are qualified to confirm or deny anxiety. Then, you will know for sure. Once you know for sure what it is, there are loads of caring people on this site that have experience with this, including me, and can help.

• Posted

You're welcome. I suggest you Google "adrenaline and fatigue". It will be an education you need, to understand what you are dealing with...and that will be a strong beginning to healing. Also, drink a lot of water. It helps flush raging adrenaline (cause of anxiety) out of your system. Come back when you know for sure that's what it is and we can help you go from there. You are okay, just don't know it yet.wink

• Posted

Well, did any of this start after starting blood presure meds and beta-blocker. If not then have you been feeling anxious? Are you having stress?  Anxiety can cause your stomach to go haywire, and there fore cause the stool problem. If you are feeling all jazzed up, call your family doc, and tell him your feeling anxious. If not anxious,and this persist,could be another health issue. Good luck!!
  • Posted

Maz, how are you doing? Since you are dealing with Anxiety and high blood pressure, let me tell you about a med I am now on. It is working wonders for me. Been on it a fairly short time, but the results  for me are amazing. It is the clonidine patch. We started with .1mg, I saw a positive difference, but not enough, so went to .2mg, then up again to .3mg...success!! Now that I have experience with it I feel free to recommend it. (I was not sure last time I replied to you.) That doesn't mean it is right for everyone, I can only say that for me it is a miracle. I got off beta blocker as it stopped helping. The patch takes care of both problems and no more pills.

Psychiatrists prescribe this med for anxiety, but if blood pressure is not high, the patient has to be monitored very closely. In my case it is perfect, covering both. You might want to ask your doctor about it for you.

As I answered before, it sounds like classic anxiety. Everyone with anxiety experiences your symptoms. Having read or responded to many people on this site, I notice the two most often feared things are heart problems and brain problems. Very commom for the anxiety to tell us stuff that just isn't true. Sometimes getting the problem checked out, and hearing they are okay, doesn't stop the thought...especially if not on the right meds. That's what the meds do...calm the mind and body enough to thing more clearly and get out of panic.

I'm think of you and would love to hear how you are doing. Everyone on this site is dealing with anxiety and understands just what you are going through. Hang in there and treat yourself well. Hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.