entire body numbness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I need some help....i have a history of anxiety and its come back recently...the doctor prescribed me 5mg esciptex tablets for anxiety and I ended up taken it one day and then skipping it and then back on it for about a week and then stopped...the doctors have done blood test which have all came back normal and about 2 years ago I had a brain mri that came back normal aswell....ive been feeling my whole body going numb and weak and a warm sensation on skin...i feel very worried and scared and just want to knowbdoes anybody know what this could be and is it serious..thank u

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi tanya thank u but i actually did have those tested aswell a while before and they are all normal aswell
  • Posted

Why are you stopping and starting your meds? If you've suffered with anxiety then you should know there's a very good chance your symptoms are being caused by the wretched illness. I had numbness down one side of my face,I had no energy and a horrible prickly heat sensation in my legs,I also had a ton of other symptoms,and they were all caused by anxiety. Deep down you must know anxiety is the most likely cause of your discomfort,you just need convincing. 
    • Posted

Thanks Pablo..yea your right and I guess why I did that was because the meds were making me feel so so sick and just horrible...well all my blood tests and everything came back completely normal and I've been to several doctors. Its just so horrible and fightening....i have always had anxiety about my health just constantly worrying all the time about my health....yeah I get numbness all the time on my face for no reason and docs say its anxiety..its just so so hard to believe anxiety can cause all that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.