Entocort and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was prescribed entocort and used for 6 weeks and got off due to having mood swings, weight gain and gas . My doctor was ok with me stopping since my Crohns isn't severe . Got off and it's been about 4 days and now have more anxiety the before and my blood pressure has gone up a couple times . Is this norma?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julio

Coming off of steroids is always a big shock to the body and the mind, especially if you just stopped and didn't gradually reduce them, even after only 6 weeks.  In my experience I've found that it takes about a month to get back to normal again. Be as sensible as you can with your diet (better still, ask to be referred to a dietician) to help your body and mind adjust. If the Crohn's isn't so severe it might be the gentlest way to treat it anyway.  

It is common to suffer depression and anxiety on these drugs and if they affect you in this way it's important to find alternative routes to treat the Crohn's. 

Give it a little more time for the drugs to leave your system and for your body to feel like your own again. 

Good luck

Hannah

• Posted

Thank you and your right . That is a good idea about going to a dietician going to talk to my doctor on Monday. Thanks!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.