Epididymitus gone but still have pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had Epididymitus (right testicle), did two courses of anti-biotics but still had pain. Had a scan and they said there was just a very small cyst and that everything was fine and the cyst shouldnt cause any pain at all, but i still have pain in my testicle that comes and goes, but it's not just discomfort, it can get really sore, and the pain goes up my right side abdomen and down my right leg. I was first diagnosed 6 months ago, and I cannot live with this, the doctors say there's nothing there but i cannot live with this it's really affecting my life.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rob, See if you can seek our a urologist who specializes in epididymitis work and see what he says is your problem, I think its the only way your get to the bottom of your problem.

• Posted

thanks. i'm trying to get a consultation with one, but it's going to be a min of 6 weeks away, meanwhile, I'm carrying this pain around with me and getting really down about it.

• Posted

I took 2 rounds of Keflex which dealt with the acute phase of my epididi but my urologist who specializes in testicular pain told me my continued pain is due to a epididimydal cyst on my left testicle. He said I should wear a snug jog strap during physical activity and take 2 NSAIDs before and after such activity including sexual activity. He also said I could consider taking a nerve block drug like Lyrica.

Good luck,

• Posted

He also said I could consider a nerve block injection into the epididimytis which provides relief for a few months. Other options are to have the epididimytis removed and to have the testicle removed. He said one way or another he can rid me of this chronic pain. So far the jog strap and the NSAIDs are making the pain very manageable for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.